Saturday, April 08, 2006

Life on the Hill

Greetings Everyone. This is my first remote blog. Today I am blogging from the Calloway County Public Library in the bustling metropolis of Murray, KY. We are down in western kentucky at a men's retreat at the B.A.S.I.C. training facility. This has been great so far. I feel a little out of my element, though because the average age of the attenders is much higher than I am used to. It is great to be with a bunch of men who love the Lord.

Our trip down was great. I traveled with the Eby boys and we had an exciting time dodging severe thunderstorms (Little Girl, God was singing to us a lot). We then stopped at the Hutchen's Hot Pig for a large BBQ sandwich (loaded with pig tails). I think it is still with me this morning. While we were in the restaurant, a quick, but severe storm passed (with some hail). After stuffing ourselves, we finally made our way to the hill.

It was great to see old friends and meet some new and interesting people. There were people from TX, MS, LA, IL, IN, KY and AL. All in all there are about 60 men here. There would have been more, but some tornado's touched down and kept some people away. Please keep those people in your prayers. After the greetings were over we had an awesome worship session. It was just incredible to be in a room a 60+ men singing praises to him. I have never experienced anything like that before. I can only imagine what a Promise Keeper's rally might be like.

We then had a quick session in which Bob gave his testimony to those that were new. No matter how many times I have heard it, I pick up on something new everytime. Such a joy to listen to what God is doing in his life. This morning we started with prayer and had a hardy breakfast. I got to spend some time with Duane (Josh and Brady came down as well). It was good to sit and talk with one of my brothers.

I do not have my notes with me at this time, so I won't go into detail about what was said, but the general theme is on leadership and how men in 2006 have dropped the ball (similar to Isa. 3) and we need to pick it up and run with it. We spent a lot of time in Jeremiah also (when I get back to Lex. I will fill in the blanks). We had a short break and then a quick question and answer session before we broke for lunch. We will be back in Lex. tomorrow and I will try to fill in some of the blanks when I have my notes in front of me. Until then, pray for those victims of the storms and for clarity of God's word to those men that have made the trek to the hill.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Western denim shirts pay bill Pussy lips cock teen

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home