Saturday, May 13, 2006

Start Spreading the News....



Well, today was our big outreach to the community. We did not have as big a turnout that I had hoped, but I keep telling myself that He is in control of it all. Those of us that were there were treated to the most beautiful morning and early afternoon that we have seen in several days. It was bright and warm. We had a fun time walking our neighborhood and meeting the people.

Our plan was to do a lightbulb evangelism. Basically, we handed out lightbulbs (along with flyers for VBS, FQ and C@T). This gave us an opportunity to practice what we had learned in Columbus at D2S. Most of the people were nice, a lot were not home and my partner and I graduated from P.U. pretty early on. We still kept going and I turned out to be a great day of fellowship and enjoying the day He gave us.

We had prepared around 200 packets to deliver. I was humbling to see how little of an area 200 homes are in. The four teams involved barely covered two mainstreets in our neighborhood. I was telling my wife that in direct marketing a 2% return on a mass mailing is great. I think it would be great if we just affected 4 people this morning.

I am still amazed at the path that God has not only me on, but the youth group as well. I continue to pray that we will be obedient to what He wants for us and that the harvest will be plentiful. I look forward to getting to know the youth from the neighborhood and I hope that we will be able to be the example of Jesus to them.