Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Step by Step

The other night at prayer, we were sitting out on the porch of the church and were just amazed at the amount of people that pass our meeting house. We had been discussing how the new youth room construction was proceeding and how the plans for the Fifth Quarter were going. I had remarked how amazing ( I know it should not be, but it still is ) it was to me to see how God has been opening doors for us to not just reach out to the community (around Tatesbrook) but also integrate us with them as well.
The TBNA (Tatesbrook Neighborhood Association) is meeting at the church once a month, and this is a great chance for us to get to know the people who live around us. They are having an ice cream social later this month. We hope to be there to meet and greet the community and to hopefully share a little about us and the vision God has given us.
I then went on to share some of the long range plans including 3 on 3 tournaments (which was confirmed by Duane), afterschool activities and ultimately a "Youth Life Center" which would be open everyday for youth in the area. In our prayers we were thankful for what God has done and praised Him so. However, we all wanted to make sure that we were not getting ahead of ourselves. We prayed ernestly for direction and obedience to God's timing, trying to always remember that these are His plans not ours. Tim brought out this devotional (from their Ecuador trip) and it seemed so appropriate:
"Through the intimacy of our relationship, you are being transformed from the inside out. As you keep your focus on Me. I form you into the one I desire you to be. Your part is to yield to My creative work in you, neither resisting it nor trying to speed it up. Enjoy the tempo of a God-breathed life by letting Me set the pace. Hold My hand in childlike trust, and the way before you will open up step by step."
I don't even know how to respond. It is so awesome when God speaks to you. I just pray that we can hold on to that and stick with it. The scripture reference is found in Psalms:
"Yet I am always with you;
you hold me bye my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory." (Psalm 73:23,24)
We just ask that you all will be in prayer for us as we move forward in trying to reach out to the community that surrounds our little meeting house on the hill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home